Last Updated: August 17, 2010
Find UR Phone’s Services include:
* Find UR Phone expressly allows a Find UR Phone user to locate mobile devices that they associate with their accounts.
As discussed below, Find UR Phone partners with wireless carriers or other third parties in providing location-based services.
1. Personal Information and Location-Data That We Collect And How We Use It
Find UR Phone will collect personal information that is necessary for Find UR Phone to provide the Services or is otherwise voluntarily submitted by you. Personal Information is information you provide to Find UR Phone that reasonably and personally identifies you or a user associated with your account. Find UR Phone provides location-based services. Due to the nature of location-based services, Find UR Phone necessarily collects the location of mobile devices. To the extent location-based data Find UR Phone collects does or can be readily combined with other data to personally identify you, Find UR Phone will treat such data in the same way as other personal information.
Find UR Phone collects and utilizes personal information and location-data (a) to provide the Services; (b) to develop and maintain the ability to audit, research and analyze the Services with the goal of maintaining, protecting and improving our services; (c) to maintain and enhance the technical functioning of our network and services; (d) to enhance existing and/or develop new services; and (e) to investigate or take action regarding alleged or actual misuse of the Services, alleged or actual illegal activities, alleged or actual violations of the applicable terms and conditions, or as permitted or required by law.
Below are specific examples of information we collect and the additional ways in which we use such:
* Location-Based Services. Find UR Phone provides location-based services, so we necessarily collect and use users’ telephone numbers, location of mobile devices, and location-based information to provide the requested Service.
To provide the Find UR Phone Services, we derive location information from your wireless carrier, certain third-party service providers, or directly from the mobile device that you used to register.
*Account Data. To use the Services, you must create an account or otherwise register with Find UR Phone and you will be required to provide the following: your telephone number, name, email address, and a password. Find UR Phone may collect and process your credit card information. All of this information is collectively referred to as Account Data. Some of this information standing alone is not personal information but when it is combined with other information, it may be deemed personal information. In that situation, we will treat the information as such.
Account Data is necessary for establishing your account and requested services and we use it to provide the Services to you. We may use your Account Data to send you (a) Welcome notice; (b) service-related or security-related notices and announcements; (c) notices required or permitted to be provided under our agreement with you (“Legal Notices”); and/or (d) promotional notices. You may not opt-out of receiving the Welcome notices, certain service-related or security-related notices and announcements or Legal Notices.
* Public Communications. If you choose to participate in “public” postings or sessions or any other type of similar exchanges that are available as part of a given Service, you may voluntarily disclose personal information to others or the public generally, and you solely are responsible for such disclosures. When users disclose information to the public, others may collect and use such information. Find UR Phone has no control over third parties accessing and utilizing information you post or otherwise make available to others that you specify or the public generally.
* Communications With Find UR Phone. When you contact Find UR Phone via e-mail, SMS or otherwise, such communication may include personal information and non-personal information. Find UR Phone uses and retains this information for the purposes stated above and to process your inquiries.
2. Non-Personal Information Collected Through Technology
In providing our Services, we also collect other information that does not personally identify you (non-personal information) as an individual (such as, patterns of utilization) and this data is exclusively owned by Find UR Phone. We reserve the right to disclose non-personal information to third parties. We have listed below specific examples of non-personal information we collect and how we use it.
* Cookies. A cookie is a tiny data file, which resides on your computer, which allows Find UR Phone to recognize you when you return to our site using the same computer and web browser. One type of cookie, known as a “persistent” cookie, is set once you have logged in to your Find UR Phone account. The next time you visit the Find UR Phone site, the persistent cookie will allow us to recognize you as an existing user. To access or change any of your private information (such as contact information), however, you must enter your password even if your computer contains your persistent cookie. Additionally, if you log out of the Find UR Phone Services site you will need to re-enter your password the next time you wish to access it.
We also use “session” cookies to identify a particular visit to a Find UR Phone website. Session cookies expire after a short time or when you close your web browser. We use session cookies to make it easier for you to navigate the Sites/Services.
Like the information you enter at registration, cookies allow for the customization of the user experience with respect to the Sites and Services. However, a cookie does not necessarily include any personal information, and we do not store personal information in cookies unless you expressly direct us to do so.
You may modify your Web browser to prevent or notify you whenever a cookie is sent to your computer. Unfortunately, if your browser settings do not allow cookies or you reject a cookie, you may still access the Sites or Services, but such access may be limited and you may not be able to use all the functionality associated with them.
*Log Files. Consistent with communications standards on the Internet, when you visit the Sites, our servers automatically receive and record information on our server logs from your browser, which may include the URLs of the site you were viewing before clicking on the Find UR Phone-associated URL, your IP address, cookies, the type of web browser and operating system you are using, the webpages you request and click-stream data and other types of data.
We use this information to analyze overall trends, to administer our webpages, to track users’ use of the webpages, to gather information about those we provide services to and to otherwise help us improve Find UR Phone’s services. Standing alone, this information is not personal information. To the extent it is combined with other data and becomes personal information, it will be treated as such.
* Web Beacons. Web beacons (also known as clear gifs or Web Bugs) are pieces of data embedded in images included on Find UR Phone web pages. Find UR Phone uses web beacons to improve how it delivers the Services to you and other users.
3. We Do Not Collect Personal Information From Persons Under the Age of 18 Without Proper Consent
Find UR Phone does not direct its Sites or Services to or knowingly collect personal information from persons under the age of 18 (and if a resident of Alabama or Nebraska, not under the age of 19 and if a resident of Mississippi, not under the age of 21); provided however, Find UR Phone does provide its Services with respect to persons under such ages for whom parental consent or other proper consent is provided to Find UR Phone. Any potential or current user who is under age and for whom parental/other proper consent has not been provided, must immediately cease using the Sites or Services and notice should be sent to Find UR Phone: firstname.lastname@example.org . Or contact us at: Find UR Phone, Inc., Attn: Legal, 2936 Larimer St., Denver, CO 80205.
4. With Whom Find UR Phone Shares Location-based Data And Personal Information That It Collects
* When We Have Consent. When you use the Services, you may authorize us to disclose the location of mobile devices associated with your account or personal information included in your account. Find UR Phone account holders may add mobile devices to be located provided that they have authority / permission to do so. The account holder may specify when and where mobile devices associated with such account may be located, and thereby, consent to and direct Find UR Phone to share the location-data for such mobile devices.
o Find UR Phone does not disclose your personally identifiable information or location information connected to your personally identifiable information to other companies for their commercial use.
* Service Providers And Wireless Carriers. Find UR Phone will share location-data and personal information with third parties with which we have a relationship in order to provide the Find UR Phone Services as follows:
o Find UR Phone may share with its affiliates or business partners (“FURP Service Providers”) any personal or non-personal information about you, including but not limited to your name, e-mail address, location data, usage patterns, uploaded images, text, information and any other content so that Find UR Phone may provide the Services.
* Business Transitions. In the event we go through a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition by another company or sale of all or a portion of our assets, your personal information will most likely be among the assets transferred. Provided that we have an email address for you, we may notify you via email of any such change in ownership or control of your personal information. As such, it is important that you maintain a current email address as part of your account.
* Business Transactions. Find UR Phone may disclose to third parties restricted location-based data that is based on actual location-based data Find UR Phone collects. Restricted location-based data does not identify you and to the best of Find UR Phone's knowledge cannot be easily combined with other data such that third parties may personally identify you.
* As Required By Applicable Law Or As Necessary to Defend Legal Claims Against Find UR Phone. There are times when we disclose personal information if legally required to do so. For example, we may provide personal information or location-data to respond to subpoenas, court orders, governmental requests or legal process. We may also disclose personal information and/or location-data if legally necessary to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims; and upon doing so would take steps to prevent the public disclosure of any users’ personal information.
5. Your Account and How to Access and Modify Your Account Information
Find UR Phone requests that you submit and maintain accurate and up-to-date information in any Find UR Phone account you establish.
For Services for which you register, you must make corrections to or update any information you have posted on or under your account and you can do so by logging onto your account.
We reserve the right to send you via text messages, e-mail or otherwise certain communications relating to the Services, such as service announcements, security notices, and Legal Notices, without offering you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving them.
If you wish to close your account, you will need to follow the procedures included in the terms of service http://findurphone.com/terms.php (or equivalent agreement) applicable to the given Service.
7. Find UR Phone Security Procedures
Find UR Phone is committed to maintaining the security of personal information it collects and takes appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of the data we have collected. This includes internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, as well as, physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to our systems.
We limit access to your personal information to employees and consultants (“Personnel”) who we reasonably believe require access to your personal information to provide the Services, including but not limited to customer support, marketing and product management, among others. Also, we share general location-data with Personnel who we reasonably believe require access to such, but we do not share actual location-data with them.
8. Your California Privacy Rights
Under California Civil Code sections 1798.83-1798.84, California residents may request a notice describing what categories of personal customer information Find UR Phone shares with third parties or corporate affiliates for those third parties or corporate affiliates' direct marketing purposes. To the extent applicable to Find UR Phone, such notice will identify the categories of information shared and will include a list of the third parties and affiliates with which it was shared, along with their names and addresses. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please submit a written request to the following address: Find UR Phone, Inc., Attn: Legal, 2936 Larimer St., Denver, CO 80205. Please specify that you are requesting the California Privacy Rights Notice and allow at least 30 days for a response.
9. Contact Find UR Phone
* August 17, 2010 : No updates at this time.